Best Student Presentation Award
The OPSS organizes and sponsors the BEST STUDENT PRESENTATION COMPETITION at the icOPEN 2023. This competition recognizes and encourages excellence in graduate and undergraduate studies in optics and photonics. The awards of the first prize, 1st runner-up, and 2nd runner-up of the competition will, respectively, be SGD 500, SGD 300, and SGD 200 in Singapore Dollars. The prizes and certificates will be presented at the conference banquet. Several Excellent Awards will also be selected.
In the competition, eligible applicants will present their work at a special oral session during the conference. The judging committee will make a decision based on the students’ presentations at the special session and responses to questions from the committee and audiences.
Chair & Committee
- The nominee must be a full-time student, including undergraduates and graduate students (Master's or PhD candidates). Postdoctoral fellows or non-students are NOT eligible.
- The student's research area may be theoretical or experimental in general technical and scientific areas normally presented as part of the Conference.
- The usual abstract review process applies. The submitted abstract must have been accepted for oral presentation by the Conference Program Committee, and the applicant must present the work at the Conference.
Submit an abstract to the Conference by Sunday, 31 July 2023, according to the standard submission guidelines and deadlines as outlined under Abstract Submission following these steps:
- You must create an account before you are allowed to submit the abstract/s.
- Login to the icOPEN 2023 abstract submission portal here: #
On the left menu, click on “My Submissions” (under “Author Options”)
- During submission, select ‘Yes’ for Best Student Presentation Award Participation and ‘Oral’ for Preferred Presentation Mode.’
- An abstract ID will be assigned to each successfully submitted abstract. For faster services, please quote your abstract ID in all correspondences. Note that you DO NOT have to identify the abstract explicitly as part of the student competition in the text of the abstract.
- By Sunday, 31 July 2023, submit in PDF Format the 2-page extended abstract of your presentation.
- E-mail Professor Shijie FENG, Conference Awards Chair, your “pdf” file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please state your abstract ID and include a short (around 500 words) explanation of their contribution to the work described and its significance (can include figures). Monday, 31 July 2023, is the final submission deadline.
- You will receive Guidelines for your oral presentation after the abstract reviewing process.
Inquiries and Assistance
For any clarification or queries, please send your email to the Conference Awards Chair, Prof Shijie FENG, to this email email@example.com